SWIECICKI & MUSKETT, LLC
Our Managing Partner
Chris Swiecicki is the founder and managing partner of Swiecicki & Muskett, LLC in Chesterfield, Mo., providing counsel in the areas of business, taxation, creditor’s rights, litigation, and employment matters. His extensive experience in tax planning and compliance issues make him a sought-after, recognized expert on complex corporate tax issues.
Chris earned both a law degree and a Master of Law in Taxation from Washington University School of Law, and after graduating worked as a tax associate in a “Big Four” accounting firm. He also has been in private practice, a senior vice president of a large regional bank, tax counsel for a publicly traded energy company, and a chief financial officer and chief legal officer for a small private company.
An adjunct professor at Washington University School of Law, Chris teaches Business Acquisitions (M&A) and Corporations, featuring an in-depth study of Delaware Corporate Law. He also was appointed a Criminal Justice Act (CJA) attorney for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and handles appellate matters as defined by the court.
Chris provides his talents and energies to two charitable organizations – the Eliot Society of the Washington University School of Law and the Ronald McDonald house. He is deputy chairman of the Eliot Society, and he also serves on the Planned Giving Board of the Ronald McDonald House.
- Washington University School of Law, Master of Laws in Taxation (LLM) 2005
- Washington University School of Law, Juris Doctorate 1990
- Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL 1984
- Admitted, Supreme Court and all courts in the State of Missouri
- Admitted, United States Supreme Court
- Admitted, United States Tax Court
- Admitted, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Admitted, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Admitted, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Admitted, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Admitted, United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
Publications & Presentations
- ABA (Taxation Section) – Published Comments on the Proposed Amendments to the Rules of the United States Tax Court, May 2009
- Association of Corporate Counsel – Tax Implications of Fines, Penalties, and Punitive Damages (Panelist), Seattle, Washington 2008
- Association of Corporate Counsel – Sale/Leaseback Transactions and § 1031 Exchanges (Panelist), Denver, Colorado 2011
Organizations & Associations
- Chair, Eliot Greenleaf Society, Washington University School of Law
- Board Member, Ronald McDonald House (Planned Giving)
- Federal Bar Association
- Eighth Circuit Bar Association
- The Bar Association for the Fifth Federal Circuit
Why Swiecicki & Muskett?
Swiecicki & Muskett LLC
Swiecicki & Muskett senior counsel is available to help translate complicated tax and corporate matters into growth-focused recommendations for our clients.
copyright © Swiecicki & Muskett LLC 2020